Saturday, May 1, 2010

Colours of Spring



I don't know about where you live but spring has been slow in coming here thanks to cool temperatures & I'm still waiting to see that burst of colour in neighbouring gardens. So far I've had to settle for PSP Girl's Colori Di Primavera a very colourful kit.


Tagger size made at 300 dpi & complete with a set of posers from Sinful Mindz, it can be used for layouts or tags. To prove it I've made you a quick page & a tag with tutorial.



Tutorial for “Come Play With Me” tag

What I used:
Tag kit from PSP Girl “Colori Di Primavera” http://yourscrapaddiction.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_164&products_id=2103 which includes lovely posers by Sinful Mindz http://sinfulmindz.com
Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 4 (Make sure “show transform controls” is checked for easy resizing of elements.)

What I did:
Start with a new transparent canvas 700 pixels x 700 pixels, use the circular selection tool to create a circle, & fill it with the background of your choice (paper 11).
The elements in the kit are numbered & I used #12-14, 22, 25, 25, 37, 59,61 & poser 3.
Let me say now that I applied the bevel & emboss effect to every single element I used for this tag, including the poser. Copy, paste, resize & position your choice of elements as you desire. I will make note of any extra steps I took.
I decide the fence (35) would anchor the tag. When I copied & pasted the fence I didn’t like how it looked when resized, so I left it original size & instead copied a complete fencepost to add an extra fencepost at each end of the fence.
I resized the birdhouse (59) considerably to fit it at the middle of the fence top. Sizing may vary depending upon you placement choices. I then chose a bird (61) to put with the birdhouse.
I used multiple copies of flowers (12-14, 37) & I erased the bows from flowers 12-14 & also copied only the bottom part of those flowers to fill out the covering on the fence. I had trouble deciding where to position my choice of butterfly (25). You may want to play around with it.
I knew I wanted the cell phone (22). I used Arial 04 to type the message on the phone (same as main text). I chose the poser (3) because she was the most appropriate poser to add the phone to.
I usually do the tag information last but since I was using Arial in a small size for the phone, I added the tag information at that time. After the poser & phone were in place, I increased the font size to 10, retyped the phone message, right clicked the text in the layer palette, and chose “warp text – arch”. I applied an italics effect to the name.
When satisfied, merge visible & save.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 13 post on May. 02, 2010. Thanks again.